California Youth Connection (CYC) is a youth-led organization that develops youth leaders who empower each other and their communities transform the foster care system through policy and legislative change.
VISION: Foster youth will be equal partners in contributing to all policies and decisions made in their lives. All youth in foster care will have their needs met and the support to grow into healthy and vibrant adults.
- To educate the general public and policymakers about the unique needs of foster youth and to increase awareness of their concerns
- To create an effective organization that’s guided, focused and driven by current and former foster youth with the assistance of other committed individuals
- To support youth leadership development at all levels of the organization, including local chapters and the statewide office
- To monitor legislation and act as advocates for foster youth
- To build a national and international advocacy network of current and former foster youth
- To promote a positive image of foster youth